For those of you who signed up for the Animas Pump Return and still haven’t received their
Visa Prepaid card, here’s a quick update as to how long the process took.
|Category||Medical Device, Type 1 Diabetes|
I signed up for the Animas Pump Return program on June 25, 2019 (after I got my Tandem pump). For those of you who are unaware of this program, Animas offered to give out a one time $750 prepaid card in exchange for an in-warranty Animas insulin pump for those who signed up on or before July 31, 2019. Animas will send you a box via UPS with tracking for your pump (pump only – remove the battery and don’t include any accessories like pump case or clips, or any supplies like cartridges or infusion sets). Registrants have until September 30, 2019 to return the pump. I received my Return box via UPS on the morning of July 1, 2019. Since I’d already started using my Tandem t:slim X2, I was ready to return my Animas pump the same day. So off it went the same day via UPS. I took a picture of the shipping label with tracking number since Animas wasn’t going to provide return tracking or status updates. I also signed up via UPS to receive email/text alert when the package was delivered. The pump reached Animas on July 9, 2019.
There were no updates from Animas after. I received my prepaid card today, August 13, 2019, via USPS Certified mail. When I told my husband it came via certified mail, he said, “and they just left your pump which costs ~7x on the doorstep?”. Those of you who’re wondering how long it takes, it took 5 weeks for my card to arrive from the date the pump was in Animas possession (I live in California and the pump was sent to Pennsylvania). For all those still waiting, hope you get your’s soon!
A couple of things about the card:
- It’s a Mastercard (not a Visa card as stated on their website).
- My card has an expiry date of 07/2020 (I’ll give them the benefit of doubt and say the validity is 12 months).
- The name printed on the card is “Valued Customer”. So don’t lose it!
- The amount on the card ($750 in my case) was not printed anywhere on the letter that accompanied the card. Balance inquiries can be made online or by phone details on the back of the card).
- Looks like there’s a “maintenance fee” of $3.50/month which is waived if:
- Money was added to the card in the previous 90 days – which probably means I’m okay if I don’t use the card until September 30th. OR
- A purchase was made in the previous 90 days.
June 25, 2019: Signed up for the Animas Pump Return Program. Animas gives out $750 for an in-warranty pump and $50 for an out-of-warranty pump.
July 31, 2019: Last day to sign up to return your pump.
July 1, 2019: Received UPS box from Animas to send back the pump. Sent the pump back the same day.
July 9, 2019: Pump reached Animas.
August 13, 2019: Received prepaid Mastercard via USPS Certified Mail.
September 30, 2019: Send your pump back by this date (for those of you who signed up for this program but haven’t sent your pump back yet).
Disclaimer: The views expressed are solely those of the authors and are here to help people make an informed choice before a purchase. The authors or the blog itself does not get any compensation from the product manufacturer or third-party websites/vendor links that are posted here.